It’s been about 4 months since Anthropologie launched their wedding line, BHLDN (short for “beholden”) , and I’ve been visiting the site every so often for inspiration and to keep up with new product offerings.
They offer jewelry, headpieces, intimates, shoes, bridesmaid dresses, bridal gowns, cover-ups, and even 2nd dresses — you know, to change into, for the evening party! Items are offered exclusively on-line, but very soon (Aug. 18, 2011 to be exact) their first store is opening in Houston, TX!
Here’s my review:
- Bride Dresses: 15 total wedding gowns ranging from $600 – 4000. Although I like some of the unique vintage styles, I think some of these dresses are priced high. I think if you were to spend $4000 on a dress, you could get your ultimate dream designer label gown. But its fun to browse to narrow down your likes/dislikes in a dress!
- Bridesmaid Dresses: I’m not excited about their selection of BM dresses here. Since my personal style for bridesmaids is the less traditional, non-bridesmaidy look, I think the every-day dresses available at Anthropologie (not BHLDN) could be used as bridesmaid dresses and then some! If you’re looking for a more
- Intimates: They have a pretty cute selection of under garments – lots of lace and sheers. Check it out.
- Bridal Shoes: Average about $300. It is priced a little high but if you’re looking for bridal shoes that are not your typical bridal+ white/ivory (although there are a few of those available), check it out. They seem to have a few of the more popular colors that I’ve seen in weddings lately.. yellow (mustard), lime green, pink, purple, gold,… they even have ballet flats! love it.
- Jewelry: Average about $250. Pricey. A lot of the pieces could be found elsewhere for cheaper.
- Cover-ups: A bit pricey, but cover-ups are a little hard to find, so it might be a good splurge for brides that have fall/winter weddings who’s looking for this!
- Headpieces: Ranges from $35 – $300. Pricey. Since I love headpieces and actually made one for my very own wedding, I know that it takes some time and to create these beautiful pieces. Although it probably took me longer because it was my first time and the only one I made 1, I think some pieces are worth the price… and for the effort, time, material, and worry, some of them would be worth the splurge! If nothing else, it’s fun to look at to help visualize what type of wedding style/hair style you can do with each piece.
- Accessories: gloves, belts, clutches. Not much selection. The gloves are pretty unique, but the rest you could easily find elsewhere for cheaper.
Here were my favs:
- All photos from: BHLDN